The PS3 community welcomes interested prospective families with children who will be entering PreK through 5th grade. We are primarily a zoned neighborhood school.
Most students attend their zoned school, as that is where they have the highest priority to attend. Your zoned school is determined by your home address.
Not sure if you are zoned for P.S. 3? Click here.
If you are not zoned for P.S. 3, you may still visit and include us on your application.
Click the below links to book a tour of PS3:
Virtual Tour of PS3
Special Thank You to Jasmine, Taryn, Maedhbh, Ilaria and Jesse for the making of the above video.
PS3 Teacher Welcome
PS3 Student Welcome
OUR MISSION STATEMENT:
P.S. 3 provides children with a learning environment that nurtures their intellectual, social, physical and ethical growth through hands-on involvement with materials and subjects that have meaning for their lives. Respect for the individuality of each child is central to the school’s teaching philosophy. Teachers at P.S. 3 actively encourage children to take initiative, be resourceful, and show independence of judgment in their classroom work, with the intent that each child will become a confident, self-motivated and passionate learner.
OUR CORE VALUES:
INNOVATION IN THE CLASSROOM
PS3’s integrated arts curriculum fosters creative thinking, scientific curiosity and a love of learning.
INDEPENDENCE – EVERY CHILD COUNTS
PS3’s curriculum is built on high academic standards while taking into account the learning styles of our students.
We demonstrate democracy in action: parents, teachers, administration and the community at large collaborate to translate the values of the school into real world practice.
WHAT MAKES PS3 STAND OUT?
PS 3 ACADEMICS
- Rigorous and innovative curricula that meet NY State Academic Standards
- Math coach provides teacher and student support
- Literacy coach provides teacher and student support
- Science and Artists in Residence program (SAIR) funds special academic events
- Partnership with NYU Teaching Program
- Author Mentors
- 75% of our students get their 1st or 2nd choice for middle school
- 79% of our students scored 3-4 on NYS Math exam
- 75% of our students scored 3-4 on NYS ELA exam
- ICT (Special Education) classes on each grade level, 2 teachers with each class
- Teachers and staff who stay on top of the latest educational developments.
PS 3 ARTS
- Uses an Integrated Arts Curriculum to infuse the academics into all of the arts
- Visual Arts Teacher
- Clay Teacher and Clay studio with two kilns
- Two music teachers
- Two dance teachers and two dance studios
- Partnership with Alvin Ailey Dance Theater
- Partnership with the Whitney Museum
- Heath teacher awarded Blackboard Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Field trips on every grade
- Active parent community that easily collaborates with teachers and administration
- Events have included the annual Antiquarian Book Fair, the Spring Fling and the Auction For the Arts.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday, February 28
- Saturday, March 2
- Monday, March 4
- Tuesday, March 5
- Wednesday, March 6
- Thursday, March 7
- Saturday, March 9
- Sunday, March 10